Women aren’t the only ones who want to look and feel their best. Many men take pride in maintaining a fit, attractive body. If your diet and exercise routine hasn’t delivered the results you desire or if you would like to reverse the signs of aging, plastic surgery may be an excellent option for you.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 1.3 million cosmetic procedures were performed on men in 2018. This represents a 29% increase since 2000, and it is likely that this trend will continue in the years to come. More men than ever before are embracing the life-changing results that can be achieved with plastic surgery.
Dr. Richard Lee offers a wide range of surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures specifically designed to help men achieve a more youthful, contoured and masculine appearance. He tailors the techniques for these procedures to reflect the unique issues that impact men. Whether you are interested in anti-aging treatments or body contouring solutions to achieve a more toned physique, Dr. Lee can recommend a treatment plan that will deliver the outcome you desire.
You can learn about your options by speaking with Dr. Lee in person. Please call 949-548-9312 today to schedule your consultation. We serve men in Newport Beach and throughout Orange County, California.
- Body Contouring for Men
- Male Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tuck
- Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
- Facial Plastic Surgery for Men
- Nonsurgical Facial Rejuvenation for Men
- Skin Care for Men
- Contact our Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
Body Contouring for Men
Many of the plastic surgery procedures we offer require a different approach when used with our male patients since there are many differences in the body types of men and women. Dr. Lee understands these differences, and he’ll design your treatment plan in a way that delivers an outcome that is distinctively masculine.
Some of the most popular body contouring procedures sought out by our male patients include:
- Male breast reduction
- Tummy tuck
- Post-bariatric plastic surgery
Even when you eat well and go to the gym on a regular basis, it can be challenging to maintain the toned, muscular physique you desire. Our bodies are predisposed to store fat in certain locations, and often these pockets of fat can obscure the muscle mass lying underneath. Liposuction is an effective way to remove these areas of fat in order to help you achieve a more defined body contour.
This versatile procedure can be used to eliminate unwanted fat in many different regions of your body, including the:
- Face and neck
Dr. Lee prefers the tumescent liposuction technique, which uses a special solution containing lidocaine, epinephrine and saline to facilitate the breakup of fat cells. A small, hollow tube called a cannula is then used to remove this unwanted fat via suction.
If you prefer a nonsurgical solution that will eliminate fat and help you achieve a more toned body, Emsculpt may be an excellent option for you. It is the only nonsurgical body contouring treatment that builds muscle in addition to burning unwanted fat. This dual benefit can achieve dramatic results that will help you look fit and muscular.
Emsculpt uses high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM) technology that causes rapid muscle contractions that occur at a rate that isn’t possible during regular exercise. This process simultaneously burns fat an strengthens the muscles in the treatment region. Emsculpt allows you to target areas that can benefit from additional toning and definition without having to build muscle mass throughout your entire body.
There is no recovery or downtime associated with the treatment, and your Emsculpt session can be completed in roughly 30 minutes. You can come for treatment during your lunch break and then resume your work day right away.
Male Breast Reduction
Gynecomastia is a common condition impacting roughly 40-60% of men throughout the country. Men with gynecomastia experience excess breast tissue, which can be a source of embarrassment and self-consciousness. The condition most often develops during puberty. While it may resolve on its own during early adulthood, many men find that they never outgrow the condition.
Dr. Lee performs male breast reduction to correct the issues associated with gynecomastia and restore a more masculine chest appearance. Depending on the specifics of your condition, your treatment may involve:
- Liposuction – This technique is a great option in situations where removing excess fat in the breast region will help restore a more masculine chest appearance.
- Excision – This method involves surgically removing excess skin or thick glandular tissue in the breast region.
- Combined approach – If you have thick glandular tissue and excess fat, Dr. Lee may combine these techniques in order to address both issues.
A tummy tuck addresses excess skin and fat in your abdominal region to help you achieve a more toned, chiseled midsection. It is particularly helpful for men who have recently lost a lot of weight and experience loose, hanging skin by their belly. A tummy tuck can help put the finishing touches on your weight loss efforts so that your body reflects all the hard work you put in to get in shape.
During the procedure, excess skin and fat is removed in the abdominal region. Any loose, stretched or torn abdominal muscles will be tightened as well. This can have a dramatic affect on your appearance, providing a more fit looking stomach.
Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
Bariatric surgery can be a life-changing procedure, helping obese individuals lose a significant amount of weight and establish a healthier lifestyle. Unfortunately, many men find that their body doesn’t look the way they would expect it to after bariatric surgery. Often, you may find that you have a lot of loose, hanging skin after massive weight loss. Dr. Lee can perform post-bariatric plastic surgery to help your body look great after your weight loss.
Depending on your aesthetic goals, Dr. Lee may recommend one or more of the following procedures:
- Liposuction – If any areas of excess fat still exist after your weight loss, Dr. Lee can perform liposuction to improve the tone and definition in this region.
- Tummy tuck – A tummy tuck can address any loose, hanging skin in the abdominal region to achieve a tight, flat stomach.
- Body lift – A body lift is a more extensive procedure than a tummy tuck and provides more comprehensive body contouring results. It addresses the entirety of your midsection in order to remove excess skin and improve the appearance of your abdomen, flanks and buttocks.
- Arm lift – Loose, sagging skin in the arms will be tightened to provide a more toned and defined appearance.
- Thigh lift – Sagging skin in the thighs will be tightened to achieve a more toned leg appearance.
Facial Plastic Surgery for Men
The aging process affects everyone. Over time, we all inevitably develop fine lines, wrinkles, lost facial volume and sagging skin that can make us look much older. Fortunately, there are a variety of facial rejuvenation options that can help you restore a more youthful appearance.
Dr. Lee offers the following facial plastic surgery options to help men restore a more youthful appearance:
- Eyelid surgery – Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) can restore a more youthful appearance around the eyes.
- Brow lift – A brow lift addresses sagging skin and deep wrinkles in the forehead to provide a more youthful appearance in this region.
- Facelift – If your primary goal is to address signs of aging in the middle to lower portion of your face and in your neck, a facelift may be the ideal solution.
In addition to these facial rejuvenation procedures, Dr. Lee also offers rhinoplasty for men who would like to improve the appearance of their nose. Rhinoplasty can address a wide range of aesthetic concerns with your nose, including:
- Nose size
- Asymmetrical nose
- Drooping tip
- Bulbous tip
- Upturned tip
- Bump on the bridge of your nose
- Crooked nose
- Large nostrils
Nonsurgical Facial Rejuvenation for Men
If you prefer a minimally invasive, nonsurgical solution to reverse the signs of aging, Dr. Lee offers a variety of injectable treatments that can address your goals. These include:
- Wrinkle relaxers
- Dermal fillers
Wrinkle relaxers temporarily block the nerve impulses which cause your facial muscles to contract. This will cause the wrinkles formed by these muscle contractions to become smoother. Dr. Lee uses Dysport®, which can effectively treat:
- Crow’s feet (fine lines around the eyes)
- Glabella lines (creases between the eyebrows)
- Forehead wrinkles
- Frown lines
There is no downtime associated with Dysport. Your results should become visible about one week after treatment, and they typically last 3-6 months.
Dermal fillers can restore lost facial volume to fill in wrinkles and provide a younger looking appearance. Dr. Lee prefers Restylane, a hyaluronic acid-based filler that can treat the following areas:
- Nasolabial folds (wrinkles that extend from your nose down to the corners of your mouth)
- Marionette lines (vertical lines that extend from the corners of the mouth down to the chin)
- Hollows under the eyes
- Sunken cheeks
- Moderate to severe facial wrinkles
Restylane offers beautiful, natural results with no downtime. You can expect your treatment to last 6-9 months.
Skin Care for Men
We have a licensed medical aesthetician who administers a wide range of skin care treatments to help restore youthful, vibrant skin. Depending on your skin condition, signs of aging and aesthetic goals, we may recommend one or more of the following skin care treatments:
- Image professional chemical peels – We offer a variety of chemical peels to revitalize your skin. These peels can provide a wide range of benefits, including exfoliation and hydration of the skin, improvement in the appearance of acne, reduction in pigmentation and redness issues, and restoration of a more youthful skin appearance.
- Microneedling – Microneedling is a minimally invasive, gentle skin rejuvenation treatment that stimulates collagen production to provide a more even and youthful skin complexion. Microneedling can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, skin tone and texture issues, and enlarged pores.
- Dermasweep Epi-infusion – These peel infusions exfoliate the skin and deliver topical solutions that will promote optimal skin health. This treatment can address dehydrated skin, uneven skin texture, acne, photo damaged skin, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation issues.
Contact our Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
Please contact Dr. Richard Lee using the form on this page or call 949-548-9312 today to schedule your consultation. We offer plastic surgery services to men in Newport Beach, Irvine, Santa Ana and throughout Orange County, California.