As a mother, you sacrifice many things for your family, not the least of which is the appearance of your body. Even with a healthy regimen of diet and exercise, you may find it impossible to effectively address sagging breasts, stretch marks or stubborn pockets of unwanted fat. Dr. Lee understands your challenges and has honed his skills to help mothers across California restore their youthful vigor and reclaim their confidence through a procedure commonly known as a mommy makeover.
To learn how he can help you get back your pre-pregnancy body, please contact us today by calling 949-548-9312 to schedule a complimentary consultation. Dr. Lee helps patients from throughout California, including Newport Beach, Irvine, Santa Ana, Orange County and Los Angeles.
On this page, we discuss several topics related to mommy makeovers, including:
- What Is a Mommy Makeover?
- Procedures in a Mommy Make Over
- Mommy Makeover Recovery
- Maintaining Your Mommy Make Over Results
- Who Is a Candidate for Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgery?
- How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
- Why Choose Us?
- Schedule Your Mommy Makeover Consultation Today
A mommy makeover is a popular term that can mean different things to different people. Essentially, the term refers to a combination of breast and body contouring procedures intended to address the physical effects of motherhood and restore many of your body’s more youthful characteristics that you enjoyed before pregnancy.
Depending on your unique goals and physical attributes, this comprehensive procedure can address a variety of post-pregnancy issues, such as:
- Stubborn deposits of fat on the abdomen and hips
- Stretch marks or loose skin of the abdomen or breasts
- A bulging belly or bulging abdominal muscles
- Enlarged or saggy breasts
- Enlarged areola
- Loose, deflated or asymmetric breasts
Having children invariably changes your body. Changes can occur in your belly, breasts, vagina and even your face. Typically, mommy makeovers primarily address the breasts and abdominal area to help patients achieve a flatter abdomen and fuller, more uplifted breasts.
While no two patients or procedures are identical, your mommy makeover surgery may include a combination of body procedures:
- Tummy tuck: Also called abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck can help you eliminate excess abdominal fat and skin, achieve tighter abdominal muscles, and enjoy a slimmer, flatter belly contour.
- Liposuction: One of the most commonly performed plastic surgery procedures today, liposuction can remove stubborn fat and provide you with a more toned, fit figure.
- Breast augmentation: If you would like to enhance the size or shape of your breasts, breast augmentation can restore volume in your breasts, improve breast shape and correct asymmetry.
- Breast lift: If you experience significant sagging in your breasts, implants alone cannot sufficiently deliver the results you desire. A breast lift is designed to restore your breasts to their more uplifted, youthful perkiness.
- Breast reduction: Sometimes, women gain breast volume during early motherhood and are left with heavy, uncomfortable breasts that don’t diminish with nursing. Breast reduction surgery can alleviate discomfort and provide a more proportionate figure.
At Richard H. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery, your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities. While some women choose to combine several procedures in their mommy make over, Dr. Lee believes in making sure each surgical procedure is never hurried, ensuring you get optimal, long-lasting results. He will also never compromise your safety by keeping you under general anesthesia for too long by performing too many procedures in a single session. As part of his commitment to safety and quality, Dr. Lee may recommend postponing additional treatment until you have fully healed from your initial mommy makeover surgery.
Some additional procedures you may consider after your mommy makeover to enhance your results may include:
- Labiaplasty: If you are self-conscious about the size or protrusion of your labia, or if you experience discomfort of the labia during exercise, sex or with certain clothing, labiaplasty can effectively correct these issues.
- Thigh lift: For women who are displeased with the appearance of their thighs after childbirth, a thigh lift can remove unwanted skin and fat from the upper thighs and tighten the skin in the thigh area.
- Facial plastic surgery: The daily demands of motherhood affect more than just your body contour; stress, sleeplessness and sun exposure can all impact your facial appearance. Dr. Lee is highly-experienced and recommended in a wide range of facial plastic surgery procedures, such as eyelid surgery, browlift surgery and face and neck lift surgery.
- Skin care: If you are searching for a non-surgical solution to a variety of skin concerns, we proudly offer an array of skin care services to help you look refreshed and feel invigorated.
We also offer a free Emsculpt demo with your mommy makeover procedure. Emsculpt is the only nonsurgical body contouring solution that simultaneously burns fat and builds muscle to achieve a more toned, sculpted appearance. It is an effective way to enhance the results of your mommy makeover.
Your body’s natural healing ability and your adherence to Dr. Lee’s pre and postoperative instructions will greatly influence your recovery from mommy makeover surgery. Your recovery will also be impacted by the procedures included in your make over.
Generally speaking, many patients are able to return to light desk work or similar activities within a couple of weeks following surgery. Other patients require a longer period of recuperation. Restrictions on swimming or strenuous activities, such as exercise or weightlifting typically last for at least three weeks or longer, depending on your procedure and unique circumstances.
As with every surgery, your successful recovery depends on following the instructions of Dr. Lee and keeping all of your follow-up visits. This will ensure that Dr. Lee is closely monitoring your recovery and addressing your unique situation with the individualized attention you deserve.
Committing to a healthy, active lifestyle is the most effective way to ensure your mommy makeover results last for years to come. The diet you choose and the amount of exercise you get will directly affect the longevity of your results and may need to be reviewed and modified to maintain a slimmer and more defined figure.
A proper diet usually consists of lean proteins, fresh vegetables and whole grains. Of course, every person is different, and some patients find that working with a qualified nutritionist can be beneficial. Similarly, although it is often recommended to get about seven to ten hours of moderate exercise and three hours of aerobic exercise each week, your body may have different needs. Just as some people benefit from working with nutritionists, many patients seek personal trainers to find a fitness program that suits both their bodies and lifestyles.
Simply put, the results that a mommy makeover can provide can be dramatic and long-lasting, but they need your help. Preventing new fat from forming and maintaining your new figure requires effort on your part. The amount of work needed depends on your individual physical needs and characteristics. Dr. Lee will discuss your role in maintaining your results during your personal consultation and follow-up visits.
A mommy makeover is a remarkably comprehensive and versatile solution for moms who want to look and feel their absolute best. However, this procedure does carry certain requirements that may prevent you from undergoing surgery.
The best way to find out if a mommy makeover is right for you is to meet personally with Dr. Lee in a one-on-one, confidential consultation. During this initial visit, Dr. Lee will take time to get to know you and your aesthetic goals. He will assess your physical condition and explain all of your treatment options. If you do not meet certain criteria for the procedure right away, he will tell you what steps you will need to take in order to be a good candidate in the future.
Generally speaking, you may be an ideal mommy makeover candidate if you:
- Would like to restore a more youthful, fit appearance
- Are in good overall health
- Are close to your ideal body weight
- No longer breastfeed
- Have reasonable expectations for your results
There is no perfect age for a mommy makeover. The best time to undergo this very safe and transformative procedure depends on when you are prepared to make the investment in your appearance. Some of our patients are ready for a mommy makeover shortly after they are done having children, while others choose to wait until their children are a little older. Whichever option you choose, Dr. Lee will work closely with you to ensure your mommy makeover is tailored to your unique goals and characteristics.
The procedures involved in a mommy make over vary from patient to patient, meaning the final cost of one mother’s makeover won’t be the same as yours or someone else’s. The best way to gain a clear picture of what you can expect to pay for your combination treatment is to meet with Dr. Lee in a private consultation.
Together, you and Dr. Lee will design a customized plan to achieve your aesthetic goals. During this initial discussion, Dr. Lee will explain the costs of the procedures you are considering, as well as our financing options.
Even more so than with individual procedures, a combination-procedure requires broad surgical experience, technical skill, sound judgment and an artistic eye. It is essential that you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who has the met the rigorous standards of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons (ABPS).
To become board-certified by the ABPS, a physician must:
- Have a degree from an accredited medical school
- Successfully complete at least three years of surgical internship and residency (and completed an accredited residency specifically in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)
- Have practiced plastic surgery for at least two years
- Have passed extensive oral and written exams and peer reviews, involving specific cases chosen by and presented to this group during the board certification process
Dr. Lee is a board-certified plastic surgeon with more than 15 years of experience transforming the bodies and lives of thousands of patients. We urge you to visit our before and after gallery to see the quality of Dr. Lee’s stunning transformations for yourself.
If you are a busy mom who feels self-conscious about her post-baby body, you deserve to speak with Dr. Lee and discuss your mommy makeover candidacy and options. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation by completing the form on this page or calling 949-548-9312. Dr. Lee helps patients from throughout California, including Newport Beach, Irvine, Santa Ana, Orange County and the Greater Los Angeles area.