If you’ve recently lost a significant amount of weight, you should be very proud of your efforts. This is the first step towards dramatically improving your health. For many individuals, massive weight loss can transform your life, providing many positive benefits such as the ability to lead a more active lifestyle and a better appearance in clothing. Whether you accomplished this weight loss through diet and exercise efforts, or as a result of a bariatric surgery procedure, the end result is usually a much better quality of life.
However, you may also find that your new figure isn’t exactly what you would have expected prior to losing all the weight. It’s common to experience a significant amount of loose, sagging skin that doesn’t “fit” your newly trim body. In these situations, plastic surgery can put the finishing touches on your weight loss efforts in order to help you achieve the beautiful figure you’ve earned.
Dr. Richard Lee offers a variety of post-bariatric body contouring procedures to help improve the elasticity of your skin and provide a more toned figure after significant weight loss. You can learn about your options by speaking with Dr. Lee in person. Please call 949-548-9312 today to schedule a consultation.
Am I a Candidate for Plastic Surgery after Weight Loss?
In general, good candidates for plastic surgery after weight loss:
- Are in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure
- Are able to maintain a stable, healthy weight
In addition, if you lost weight through bariatric surgery, it must be at least one to two years since your bariatric procedure before you can undergo these body contouring treatments.
Plastic surgery after weight loss can effectively improve the appearance of loose, sagging skin in the following areas:
- Upper arms
What Procedures are Included in Post-Bariatric Surgery Body Contouring?
Depending on your unique needs and goals, Dr. Lee may recommend one or more of the following procedures as part of your post-bariatric surgery body contouring treatment plan:
- Body lift – A body lift, also called a belt lipectomy, addresses circumferential excess skin throughout the mid-section. This procedure treats the abdomen, flanks and buttocks, providing more comprehensive body contouring results than can be achieved by a tummy tuck alone.
- Tummy tuck – A tummy tuck can remove excess skin and tighten loose muscles in the abdominal region to achieve a flatter, more toned stomach.
- Liposuction – Liposuction can be performed to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat that remain after your weight loss.
- Arm lift – An arm lift will tighten loose, sagging skin to provide more tone and definition to your arms.
- Thigh lift – A thigh lift will provide more tone and definition to your thighs.
- Buttock augmentation – Buttock augmentation can lift and reshape your buttocks to provide tighter, smoother contours.
- Breast augmentation – Breast augmentation can help restore lost breast volume that commonly occurs after significant weight loss.
- Breast lift – If you are experiencing sagging issues after weight loss, a breast lift can help restore a perkier, more youthful breast appearance.
Please view our before and after gallery to discover the results that can be achieved from plastic surgery after weight loss.
Why Choose Dr. Lee for Post-Bariatric Surgery Body Contouring
Dr. Richard H. Lee is one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in Orange County when it comes to plastic surgery after weight loss. He has more than 15 years of experience and has performed countless plastic surgery procedures on patients who have had gastric bypass, lap band, or achieved weight loss by diet and exercise.
Dr. Lee completed his medical degree at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, the top medical school in the country according to the U.S. News and World Report. He also completed his plastic surgery residency at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, the best hospital in the country for 15 consecutive years according to the U.S. News and World Report. This training provides Dr. Lee with the background necessary to achieve beautiful, natural looking results that will help you look your best after your weight loss efforts.
Contact our Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
Please contact Dr. Richard Lee using the form on this page or call 949-548-9312 today to schedule your complimentary plastic surgery consultation. We serve patients in Newport Beach, Irvine, Santa Ana and throughout Orange County, California.